Among Arizona’s oldest towns, Florence was founded in 1866 and became the Pinal County seat of government in 1875. There are over 140 historic buildings in Florence, many of which are constructed of adobe brick. The district contains a mix of architectural styles from early Territorial times through the post-World War II building boom.
- Mile 264.9 – Florence is 33 miles West of the Florence-Kelvin Hwy crossing.
- 501 N. Main St., 85132, (520) 868-5651
- Florence Community Library (1000 S. Willow St.), (520) 868-8311
- Safeway (3325 N. Hunt Highway), (520) 723-0179
- Pinal Food Market (90 N. Main St.), (520) 868-5703
- Mt. Athos (444 N. Pinal Parkway), (520) 868-0735. Greek restaurant with a full bar that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- L & B Inn (695 S. Main St.), (520) 868-9981. Mexican food, American favorites, and daily specials.
- The Inn at Rancho Sonora (9198 N. Highway 79), (520) 868-8000. Courtyard rooms with continental breakfast, pool and spa, casitas available, RV park.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (240 W. Highway 287), (520) 868-9900
- FastMed Urgent Care (495 N Pinal Pkwy Ave #106), Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, (520) 868-0573
- OASIS Hospital Emergency Room (750 N 40th St, Phoenix), 24 hrs, (602) 797-7700
- Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital Emergency Room (1500 S Mill Ave, Tempe), 24 hrs, (480) 784-5500
Feed & Tack
- Western Feed & Supply (255 S. Main St.), (520) 868-4141
- Florence Coin-Op Laundry (320 N. Main St.)
- Essence of Life Massage Therapy (26837 N. Alladin Rd.), (520) 414-1589
- Mt. Athos (see above) has a full coffee bar.
Casa Grande Ruins National Monument (1100 W. Ruins Dr.), (520) 723-3172
A Hohokam farming community and “Great House” are preserved at Casa Grande Ruins. One of the largest prehistoric structures ever built in North America, it was abandoned in 1450. The visitor center has a collection of artifacts from the site. Located 9 miles west of Florence.