Green Valley and Sahuarita are areas filled with rich history ranging from the native people who settled the area about 1 A.D. to the conquistadors, missionaries, cowboys, miners and ranchers, and modern day health seekers.
- Mile 108.7 – Sahuarita is 17 miles west on Sahuarita Road from the trail crossing. Green Valley is 21 miles – go West on Sahuarita Road then South on I-19.
- Green Valley: 2,980
- Sahuarita: 2,844
- Green Valley: 23,765
- Sahuarita: 25,259
- Green Valley: 50 E Continental Rd., 85614, (520) 625-4221
- Sahuarita: 815 W. Via Rancho Sahuarita, 85629, (520) 625-3311
- Green Valley: Green Valley Branch Library (601 N. La Canada Drive), (520) 594-5295
- Sahuarita: Sahuarita Branch Library (725 W. Via Rancho Sahuarita), (520) 594-5490
- Green Valley: Safeway (260 W. Continental Vista Pl.), (520) 625-7283. Green Valley Health Food Store (125 W. Calle De Las Tiendas, #103), (520) 625-3665
- Sahuarita: Fry’s Food (15950 S. Rancho Sahuarita Blvd.), (520) 648-7700
- Green Valley: Two Girls Pizzeria (1570 W. Duval Mine Rd., #101), (520) 625-7499. Pizzas, strombolis, calzones, pastas, salads and soups
- Old Chicago Deli (175 S. La Canada Dr, Ste 151), (520) 393-0202. Deli sandwiches, salads, breakfast menu and 25 cent coffee.
- Sahuarita: El Charro Café (15920 S. Rancho Sahuarita Blvd.), (520) 325-1922
Sahuarita location of a Tucson favorite- extensive menu of Sonoran-style Mexican dishes.
- Asian Sky Restaurant (15980 S. Rancho Sahuarita Blvd.), (520) 207-7041
- Best Western Green Valley Inn (111 S. La Canada Dr.), (800) 568-8520
- Santa Rita Lodge (1218 S. Madera Canyon Rd.), (520) 625-8746. Located in Madera Canyon, an internationally known birding hotspot 15 miles east of the trail crossing at Box Canyon Road.
- FasTrac Urgent Care Services (250 W Continental Rd #500), Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, (520) 260-0670
- Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital Emergency Room (4455 I-19 Frontage Rd), 24 hrs, (520) 393-4700
Feed & Tack
- Vista Feed & Supply (2052 W. Sahuarita Rd.), (520) 762-1436
- Green Valley Bike and Hike (125 W. Calle De Las Tiendas, 133), (520) 393-7433
- Green Valley: Artful Touch Therapies (50 E. Duval Rd.), (520) 400-6354
- Sahuarita: Vitality Spine & Sports Physical Therapy (15920 S. Rancho Sahuarita Blvd., #160), (520) 867-8064
- Green Valley Laundromat (101 S. La Canada, #29), (520) 625-6497
- Posada Java (665 S.Park Centre Ave.), (520) 648-7870. This coffee shop hosts a farmer’s market in the parking lot on Mondays.
Madera Canyon is nestled in the northern slopes of the Santa Rita Mountain range. The flora along with the streams that carved out this canyon help to sustain the many bird, mammal, and insect species that breed and visit here. Visitors from all over the world arrive in search of such avian specialties as the Elegant Trogon, Elf Owl, Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher, and Painted Redstart. Over 230 species of birds have been recorded in the Canyon with 15 hummingbird species among them. 15 miles east of the trail crossing at Box Canyon Road.