The name commemorates the Mormon settlers who operated dairy farms in the area. Mormon Lake, when full, is Arizona’s largest natural lake. Sometimes, the lake dries up and becomes a marsh. It’s one of those Arizona idiosyncrasies, like rivers that sometimes have no water in them.
- Mile 547.6 – Mormon Lake is ~1 mile East.
- Mormon Lake Map is below.
- The sign at Mormon Lake Village says “50 to 5,000,” depending on the season.
- 1 Mormon Lake Road, 86038, (928) 354-2698
- Mormon Lake Lodge Country Store has limited camping supplies, snacks, cold beverages, quick meals and more. (928) 354-2227
- Restaurant and Saloon with mesquite grilled steaks, chicken, and fish. Saloon has entertainment on the weekends.
- Motel-style rooms, duplex units, cabins, RV sites, and tent camping.
- NextCare Urgent Care (1000 N Humphreys St #104) Mon-Sun, 7am-7pm, (
- Flagstaff Medical Center Emergency Department (), 24 hrs,
- Concentra Urgent Care () Mon-Sat, 8am-6pm, Sat 9am-3pm,
- Mountain Bike Rentals (928) 354-2227
- High Mountain Stables (928) 354-2359. Offering trail rides May-September, overnight campouts, wagon rides, surrey rides, and a free petting zoo.