Oracle has had many incarnations as a gold mining town, a haven for people suffering from tuberculosis, a Hollywood filming location with dude ranches filled with movie stars, an artists’ retreat, and a retirement community.
The town is nestled in the foothills of the northern portion of the Santa Catalina Mountains. The American Flag Ranch was the first post office serving Oracle and is Arizona’s oldest existing territorial post office building.
- Mile 200.8 – Oracle is 4 miles West on American Flag/Mt. Lemmon Rd.
- Oracle Map is below.
- 905 E American Ave.,85623, (520) 896-2641
- Oracle Public Library (565 E. American Ave.), (520) 896-2121
- Circle K – 2000 W. American Ave. (520)896-9822)
- Dollar General (2406 West American Ave.), (520) 896-2893
- Oracle Patio Market (270 W. American Ave), (520) 896-7615. Fresh vegetables, cheeses, grab-and-go foods, locally made products.
- Arizona Zipline Adventures (35406 S. Mt. Lemmon Rd.), (520) 308-9350. Grab-and-go meals, camping food, camping gear, and AZT merchandise. Call for a ride from the American Flag Trailhead.
- The Oracle Patio Café (270 E. American Ave.) (520) 896-7615. Eclectic and original breakfast and lunch dishes, including gourmet pizzas, Panini and frittatas.
- Oracle Inn Steakhouse (305 E. American Ave.), (520) 896-3333. Full menu, mesquite grilled steaks, sports bar, lounge, occasional live entertainment.
- De Marco’s Pizza and Italian (1885 W. American Ave.), (520) 896-9627. Pizza, calzones, and Italian dishes.
- Arizona Zipline Adventures (35406 S. Mt. Lemmon Rd.), (520) 308-9350. Grab-and-go meals and camping food. Call for a ride from the American Flag Trailhead.
- Chula’s Tortillas (405 E. American Ave., Suite 6), (520) 896-2011. Delicious burritos for breakfast and dinner, tortas, tacos, salads and burgers
- Way of Bean Coffee Club 335 W. American Ave. (520)896-9846 Coffee, Tea, Breakfast, Baked Goods
- Casa Rivera’s Mexican Restaurant 1975 W. American Ave. (520)896-3747
- Ore House Hilltop Tavern 1200 N. Jefferson Dr. (520)896-2801
- The Oracle Cook Shack 405 E. American Ave. (520)225-0005
- Nonna Maria’s Ristorante (2161 N. Rockliffe Blvd.), (520) 896-3522. Full menu of Italian favorites, pizza, seafood, wine and beer.
- El Rancho Robles Guest Ranch (1170 N. Rancho Robles Rd.), (520) 896-7651. This restored dude ranch offers rooms and casitas in the oaks of the Catalina foothills.
- Triangle L Ranch B & B (2805 N. Triangle L Ranch Rd.), (520) 623-6732. This B&B is nestled among giant oaks and boulders in the high desert foothills of the Catalina Mountains. Set on fifty secluded acres, with lovely whitewashed adobe buildings dating from the 1880s, Triangle L Ranch offers comfortable accommodations, privacy, easygoing hospitality, and the charm of a historic ranch setting.
- Cherry Valley Ranch (2505 Mt. Lemmon Rd.), (520) 896-9639. The Ranch is a B&B situated on 100 acres of oak woodland terrain among ancient granite boulders. Guests stay in the ranch house or separate casitas. All rooms have a fireplace.
- Chalet Village Motel (1245 W. American Ave.), (520) 896-9171. A stay in the charming A-frame rooms in the center of Oracle will recharge you for the trail ahead. Owners Marney and Jim are Trail Angels who will pick trail users up at American Flag or Tiger Mine Trailhead, provide shuttles and accept packages. They have great rates for AZT users, laundry facilities, free Wi-Fi, a hiker box and loaner clothes. Contact Marney on her cell at (520) 904-2122.
- High Jinks Ranch (33550 S. High Jinks Rd.). Offers water, shade and shelter right on the Arizona Trail at an historic site once owned by Buffalo Bill Cody. Will accept packages and give rides into town for resupply. Meals, showers, laundry or B&B can be arranged.
- Hay Creek Ranch (PO Box 5624), (605) 578-1142. Horse ranch with pull-through RV Sites, full hook-ups, tent camping, guest houses, covered corrals, arena, stable, tack room, bathrooms & laundry facilities, community room, unlimited riding on state and federal land.
- Arizona Zipline Adventures (35406 S. Mt. Lemmon Rd.), (520) 308-9350. Camping and cabins available. Call for a ride from the American Flag Trailhead.
- C.O.D. Ranch (37 S. Cod Ranch Rd.), (520) 896-9161. Located just one mile from the Arizona Trail, the Historic C.O.D. Ranch offers comfortable Southwestern casitas on their expansive ranch property.
- R&A Home Stays This Cozy Guesthouse Getaway is located in the heart of Oracle minutes away from the Arizona Trail. Offers pick up and drop-offs to and from the trail and includes a kitchenette, wifi, snacks, drinks, outdoor grill, a dedicated workspace, and much more. Reserve on Airbnb.
- Peppersauce Campground (Santa Catalina Ranger District (520) 749-8700). 6 miles southeast of Oracle on Forest Road 38 (40 miles northeast of Tucson). Camping: $10.00 per night per vehicle.
- Oro Valley Hospital (1551 E Tangerine Rd), 24 hrs, (520) 901-3500
- Banner Urgent Care (6021 N Oracle Rd Suite 107), Mon-Fri, 8am-9pm, (520) 694-6550
- Sanctuary Massage Studios (1995 W. American Ave.), (520) 896-6539
- Oracle State Park (3820 Widlife Dr.), (520) 896-2425. Oracle State Park is a 4,000 acre wildlife refuge located on the northern foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains north of Tucson. The park offers 15 miles of interconnecting loop trails through oak-grassland overlooking the San Pedro River Valley. Limited hours.
- Biosphere 2 (32540 S. Biosphere Rd.), (520) 838-6200. The Biosphere 2 facility serves as a center for research, outreach, teaching and life-long learning about Earth, its living systems, and its place in the universe. From 1991 to 1993, eight researchers lived inside the Biosphere and were required to get everything they needed from the closed system. Tours available.
- Arizona Zipline Adventures (35406 S. Mt. Lemmon Rd.), (520) 308-9350. Southern Arizona’s longest eco-zipline tour! AZA offers 5 spans ranging from 300 to 1,500 feet in length. Along with the zipline tour, they also provide team-building activities for corporate and school groups, gold panning, hiking trails, and a place to enjoy the beautiful Catalina Mountains. Camping and cabins available. Store with grab-and-go meals and camping food, camping gear, and AZT merchandise just 2.5 miles from American Flag Trailhead.
- Oracle Visitors Center 1470 W. American Ave. (520)896-3300
For additional information about where to eat or what to do in Oracle, check out visitoracle.org.