Facilities in Roosevelt are limited to the Visitor’s Center and Marina. For more options, the town of Tonto Basin lies 17 miles north on Highway 188. The original town of Roosevelt was created to provide housing for workers during the construction of the Roosevelt Dam, opened in 1911. After the dam was created, the town of Roosevelt was moved to higher ground and the old buildings were submerged.
- Mile 345.9 – Roosevelt Marina and Forest Service Visitor Center just off the trail. Tonto Basin is 16 miles North on Hwy 188.
- Roosevelt/Tonto Basin Map is below.
- 1,424 (Tonto Basin)
- 18762 N. AZ Hwy. 188, 85545-8049, (928) 467-2215
- Tonto Basin Public Library (415 Old Hwy. 188), (928) 479-2355. Located 25 miles north of Visitor’s Center.
- Tonto Basin Marketplace (45994 N. Hwy 188), (928) 479-2000. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the deli, soft serve ice cream, coffee, pizza, and some camping items.
- Spring Creek Store (18749 N. Hwy 188), (928) 467-2468. Convenience store that stocks ice, liquor, groceries, fuel, and general outdoor supplies.
- Roosevelt Lake Marina (28085 n. Hwy. 188), (602) 912-1664. The marina has a restaurant and a convenience store with limited resupply items.
- Butcher Hook Restaurant (Hwy 188, milepost 259), (928) 479-2712. The Butcher Hook complex has a restaurant, bar, grocery, convenience store and gas station.
- Big Daddy’s Pizza (100 Salado Trail), (928) 479-3223
- Tonto Basin Inn (Milepost 260 on Hwy. 188), (928) 479-2891. Standard rooms, kitchen facilities, and rooms with jacuzzi available.
- Punkin Center Lodge (249 Old Hwy. 188), (928) 479-2229. This motel with attached bar and grill offers patio seating with views of the Tonto Basin. Punkin Center is a small community 24 miles north of Roosevelt Lake Visitor’s Center, where the area library is located.
- NextCare Urgent Care Mesa (3130 E Baseline Rd #105, Mesa), Mon-Sun, 8am-8pm, (480) 539-0204
- NextCare Urgent Care Mesa (535 E McKellips Rd #101, Mesa), Mon-Sun, 8am-8pm, 480) 844-7400
- Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center Emergency Room Globe (5880 S Hospital Dr, Globe), 24 hrs, (928) 425-3261
- Tonto National Monument (26260 N. Hwy.188 #2), (928) 467-2241. Salado cliff dwellings from the 13th to 15th centuries only 2.5 miles south on Highway 188 from the Roosevelt Visitor’s Center. Onsite museum and tours available.
- Roosevelt Lake (28085 Hwy. 188), (928) 467-3200. Roosevelt Lake boasts the largest lake in Central Arizona, consisting of 112 miles of shoreline and peaceful coves. Campgrounds are located all along Highway 188.