The Old Pueblo, as Tucson is known, has a rich history stretching back to Archaic times. It is surrounded by mountain ranges that offer year-round outdoor recreation. All trail amenities are available by heading into town from either Redington Road or Molino Basin. Services listed here are proximal to the AZT, but if you head into mid-town or downtown the possibilities for food, beverage, entertainment, outdoor gear, etc. are unlimited.
- Mile 164.5 – Catalina Highway crossing – all services ~12 miles South.
- Tucson Map is below.
- 8987 E. Tanque Verde Rd., 85749, (520) 749-4845
- Kirk Bear Canyon Library (8959 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 594-5275
- Safeway (9125 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 760-6087
Nearest intersection for restaurants is Catalina Highway and Tanque Verde Rd.
- Risky Business (8848 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 749-8555. One of the closest restaurants to the trail. Sports bar and extensive menu for hungry trail users.
- Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon (7007 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 298-2300. Located 13 miles from Molino Basin, 25 miles from Redington Rd.
- Ramada Inn and Suites (6944 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 886-9595
- Southern Arizona Urgent Care (6572 E Grant Rd #130), Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm, (520) 300-4249
- Southern Arizona Urgent Care (1218 W Irvington Rd Suite 150), Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm, (520) 829-6442
- Southern Arizona Urgent Care (446 N Campbell Ave Suite 130), Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm, (520) 305-3900
- FastMed Urgent Care (1895 W Valencia Rd #101), Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm, (520) 576-5104
- Southern Arizona Urgent Care (6303 E Broadway Blvd #161), Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm, (520) 838-0020
- NextCare Urgent Care (6238 E Pima St,), Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm, (520) 290-0022
- Veteran Affairs Health Care System (3601 S 6th Ave), 24 hrs, (520) 792-1450
- Carondelet Health St. Mary’s Hospital Emergency Room (1601 W. St. Mary’s Road) 24 hrs, (520) 872-4901
- Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital Emergency Room (350 N Wilmot Rd), 24 hrs, (520) 873-3000
- Summit Hut (5045 E. Speedway Blvd.), (520) 325-1554. Tucson’s local outdoor outfitters has everything you need, from boots to backpacks to resupply items. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Summit Hut founder Dave Baker is a 2008 AZT thru-hiker.
- Summit Hut – NW location – closer if you’re coming from Oracle for supplies (7745 N. Oracle), (520) 888-1000
- REI (160 W. Wetmore Rd.), (520) 887-1938
- Fleet Feet Tucson (7301 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 886-7800. Locally-owned running, walking, and fitness specialty store.
Feed & Tack
- Tucson Feed & Pet Supply (7878 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 731-8738
- Tanque Verde Hay Feed & Supply (11050 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 749-0211
- Sabino Cycles (7045 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 885-3666
- Pro Bike (6540 E. Tanque Verde Rd.), (520) 722-2453
- Wayne Blankenship, LMT (520) 907-0412, firstname.lastname@example.org
(discounts for trail users)
- Angie Edge, LMT (520)-579-5980, email@example.com
- Le Buzz (9121 E. Tanque Verde Rd., #125), (520) 749-3903
For a comprehensive list of things to do, places to stay and eat and much more, click on this link: www.visittucson.org.
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (2021 N. Kinney Rd.), (520) 883-2702 – The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a world-renowned zoo, natural history museum and botanical garden, all in one place! The Museum offers interpretive displays of living animals and plants native to the Sonoran Desert. It is on the other side of town from the trail, but worth a visit if you have some time in Tucson.
- 4th Avenue/Congress St. – 4th Avenue is Tucson’s area for bars, clubs, and live music. Nearby is the historic Hotel Congress, established in 1919 and the location of the capture of John Dillinger in 1934.