Summer with Seeds of Stewardship
The Seeds of Stewardship summer program is all about having fun, memorable experiences along the Arizona Trail. Participants will meet at various local trailheads once a week for six outings through June & July to explore and connect in a natural, safe, and adventurous setting. Flagstaff youth in grades 6-8, of any level of outdoor experience, are encouraged to sign up! Join us along the Arizona Trail for some fresh air, movement, hands-on learning, new friendships, and unique experiences.
- Hike, bike, and even paddle along beautiful segments of the Arizona Trail and other natural areas around Flagstaff.
- Have fun, unwind from technology, and connect with peers.
- Learn how to recreate safely and responsibly in the outdoors, gaining lasting skills & knowledge for future adventures, including Leave No Trace ethics, survival skills, and wilderness navigation.
- Dive into our fascinating local natural history through time outdoors and trail interpretation themed around plant & animal adaptations, wildcrafting, geology, and conservation.
- Enliven a spirit of stewardship!
Wednesdays, June 23 – July 28 • Drop off: 8:30 am – Pick up: Times vary depending on the day’s activity.
Check out the Seeds of Stewardship 2021 calendar for weekly details.
None! Seeds of Stewardship is totally free-of-charge.
Besides lunch items, there is no need to purchase any special materials for our program. We are happy to lend out any gear, such as backpacks and rain jackets, for the season.
Sign up for the Seeds of Stewardship’s summer session!
The group will be limited to 10 youth. Once the roster is full, new sign-ups will be placed on a waitlist.
Click here for more information on how to prepare, what we’ll be doing, and more.
SEEDS OF STEWARDSHIP THROUGH THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
The Arizona Trail Association is committed to reducing the risk of coronavirus transmission. Participants and instructors will be required to follow the measures outlined in our COVID-19 Epidemic Protocol.
SoS participants will be required to:
- Wear a mask at all times unless they are eating, drinking, or are directed that it’s safe to remove it.
- Carry and use disinfectants (provided by SoS).
- Refrain from sharing gear, supplies, and food.
We ask that youth kindly refrain from participation if they have COVID-19 symptoms, believe they may have COVID-19, or have had any exposure to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Julie Polovitch, Youth Outreach & Education Coordinator, email@example.com.