Poll Results Show Overwhelming Support for Arizona Trail & Arizona’s Outdoor Recreation Economy
In December, a multi-modal survey from TargetSmart engaged adults registered to vote in the state of Arizona to assess top priorities within the Grand Canyon State. Over 800 individuals participated via phone, text and online platforms to share their thoughts on policy priorities relating to our economy, environment, border issues, healthcare, education, partisanship and more. The poll has a credibility interval of +/- 3.5%.
Some key findings related to the Arizona Trail and Arizona’s outdoor recreation economy include:
- 89% support funding and legislation to protect the Arizona National Scenic Trail
- 84% support measures by the State to prioritize access, funding and acquisition of public lands for parks, trails and wildlife habitat to bolster our outdoor recreation economy.
- 83% support permanently restoring funding for the Arizona State Parks Heritage Fund
- 71% support conserving at least 30% of US lands, freshwater and oceans by 2030
- 70% support Arizona receiving federal infrastructure funding to address the climate crisis and build more renewable energy, invest in water and drought resiliency, reduce carbon pollution, support energy efficiency, and improve rural energy reliability.
When you communicate with your elected state representatives, please remind them about the issues that mean the most to you.
To view complete poll results, please visit our website.