The twin communities of Pine and Strawberry are tucked beneath the Mogollon Rim in the cool ponderosa pine forest. Trail-friendly communities with lots to offer despite their small size!
- Mile 463.9 – Pine is 0.1 miles on access road then 0.6 miles NW along Hwy 87.
- Pine Map is below.
- Pine: 5,448
- Strawberry: 5,883
- Pine: 1,963
- Strawberry: 961
- Pine: 3847 N. Hwy, 87, 85544-9997 Hours M – F 8AM-4PM, Closed Saturday and Sunday, (928) 476-3275. Please call if you have questions. Address Instructions: To: Hikers Name, General Delivery, Pine, AZ 85544. Be sure to also include senders return name/address
- Pine: Pine Public Library (6124 N. Randall Pl.), (928) 476-3678
- Pine: Ponderosa Market (6112 Hardscrabble Mesa Rd.), (928) 476-3590. Great resupply options for a small-town market. Visit the Pine Bakery located inside the market for delicious treats.
- Pine: Pine Deli (6240 Hardscrabble Mesa Rd.), (928) 476-3536. Tasty sandwiches, salads, and baked goods.
- Pine: That Brewery & Pub (3270 N. AZ Hwy. 87, milepost 267), (928) 476-3349. Enjoy That Brewery & Pub’s delicious food and handcrafted beers, including Arizona Trail Ale! Live entertainment most Friday and Saturday nights. A portion of the proceeds from Arizona Trail Ale benefit the Arizona Trail Association.
- Pine: Pinewood Tavern (6112 W. Hardscrabble Mesa Rd.), (928) 363-4000. Full menu, live entertainment, and a hiker-friendly atmosphere at this neighborhood saloon.
- Pine: Early Bird Cafe (3618 AZ Hwy. 87), (928) 476-4092. Big portions and tasty food at this no-frills diner with awesome Breakfast Burritos.
- Pine: Old County Inn (3502 AZ Hwy. 87), (928) 476-6560. Wood-fired pizzas and more sourced from locally made ingredients and made from scratch. Full bar.
- Pine: That Cabin at That Brewery & Pub (3270 N. AZ Hwy. 87, milepost 267), (928) 476-3349. Stay at That Cabin and ask for the Arizona Trail discount.
- Pine: Pine Creek Cabins (3901 AZ Hwy. 87), (928) 970-9511
- Strawbery: Strawberry Inn (5079 AZ Hwy. 87), (928) 202-7790
- Banner Health Clinic (6152 Hardscrabble Mesa Rd), 24hrs, (928) 596-4848
- Pine: A Touch of the Hand – Vivian Seville, (928) 978-2618
- Tonto Natural Bridge (928) 476-4202. Located 4 miles south of Pine, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park has been in the making for thousands of years. It is believed to be the largest natural travertine bridge in the world. The bridge stands 183 feet high over a 400-foot long tunnel that measures 150 feet at its widest point.
- Fossil Springs Wilderness (928) 527-3600). Located west of Strawberry, this 11,550 acre wilderness contains one of the most diverse riparian areas in Arizona. Over 30 species of trees and shrubs and over 100 species of birds have been observed in this unique habitat. The stream seems to appear out of nowhere, gushing 20,000 gallons a minute out of a series of springs at the bottom of a 1,600 foot deep canyon.
- The Ranch at Fossil Creek (10379 W. Fossil Creek Rd.), (928) 476-5178. A working goat and llama ranch offering homemade delicacies like goat’s milk fudge and cheese. Let a llama carry your gear on one of their llama hikes! Yurt camping available.
Gateway Community Map