Garmin Maps the Arizona Trail
In cooperation with the Arizona Trail Association’s GIS Director Aaron Seifert, Garmin International has updated their preprogrammed data card for your handheld Garmin GPS device that features the entire Arizona National Scenic Trail. As part of Garmin’s Trailhead Series, this product includes:
- Highly-detailed, digital topographic maps, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps.
- Offers a fully routable trail plus basic road coverage for reference.
- Displays national, state and local parks, forests and wilderness areas.
- Shows detailed hydrographic features, including coastlines, lake/river shorelines, wetlands and perennial and seasonal streams.
- Includes searchable points of interests, such as campgrounds, scenic lookouts, picnic sites and businesses, as well as Arizona Trail points of interest.
- AZT mountain bike routes around wilderness areas.
- Other hiking and biking trails near the AZT are included, but are colored differently than the main Arizona Trail to avoid confusion.
- Provides 3-D terrain shading and digital elevation model (DEM) shaded relief on compatible devices so you can estimate terrain difficulty.
- Features Bureau of Land Management township, range and section information and USGS quad locations.
Garmin’s “Trailhead Series – Arizona National Scenic Trail” is available for $49.99 as a digital download or SD card online and at local retail outlets that carry Garmin products and other outdoor recreation supplies.
Garmin donates 5% of sales to the Arizona Trail Association, so your purchase of this product supports the protection and maintenance of the Arizona National Scenic Trail.