The Arizona Trail Detailed Topo Maps
The Arizona Trail Association’s own Aaron Seifert, GIS Director, has revised the Topo map set for 2023 with all the updates from 2022 (view the change log below) using the style and format that Brett Tucker at simblissity.net & postholer.com, produced. It uses ESRI ArcGIS software and the USGS National Map. This is a complete map set for Arizona Trail hikers, mountain bikers, equestrians, runners and outdoor adventurers.
These maps can be purchased as a printed set, and a digital version is available as a benefit for ATA members. For both of these options there are 128 digitized color topographic maps (1:28,000 scale) that cover the entire Arizona Trail from Mexico to Utah. If you’re going out for the day, just print one from the download, or choose that map from the printed set. If you’re planning a cross-state adventure, you can print the entire map set. It’s an economical alternative to purchasing paper topographic maps (which would total over $370 and would not include the nearly 800 data points specific to the AZT).
Some of the exciting features of these maps include:
- 3D hill shading
- Detailed elevation chart on each map
- Accumulated trail mileage every mile (great for thru-hikers)
- An easy-to-follow trail trace overlaid on each map
- Maps include GPS grid marks for compatibility with your handheld GPS unit
- Almost 800 data points including water sources, gateway communities and more
- 8.5″ x 11″ format for easy printing from PC or Mac computers
View a sample map from the series
View the map page overview map book
View Topo Map Book Use Instructions (not included with the Avenza maps below)
Maps using Avenza Maps app – install the free app via either app store below:
- Updated 2023 version is now posted soon on the Avenza Map Store! (2/22/2023)
- Avenza Map app individual map pages – $0.99 each
- Avenza Map app Bundle – $129.99 (655 Mb download) With the Avenza Map app you can use the location (GPS) from your mobile device to see your location on the map and use many other features. Scan the QR code to the right with your mobile device to visit the Avenza Map store. More details on Avenza Map app use
Digital Map Set for ATA Members
Arizona Trail Members receive the Digital Map Set for FREE. Please Request your Engagement Dashboard Link (if you haven’t already) and view the Members-Only Resources. Here you can either download your Digital Topo Map Set as a PDF, or load the maps into Avenza at no cost.