This small but important Gateway Community gives Arizona Trail users a chance to refuel during their traverse of the Santa Catalina Mountains north of Tucson. Located at 8,200 feet, Summerhaven was rebuilt after the devastating Aspen Fire of 2003, and is one of only three communities the AZT passes through the middle of.
- Mile 186.7
- 12984 N. Sabino Canyon Rd., Mt Lemmon, AZ 85619, (520) 576-1427
- Mount Lemmon Community Center (12949 North Sabino Canyon Parkway), (520) 877-6000. Facility has public restrooms with water.
- Mt. Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop
- Sawmill Run Restaurant
- Mt. Lemmon Community Center
- Mt. Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop (12856 N. Sabino Canyon Parkway), (520) 576-1468. Limited resupply items, will hold packages for trail users. Delicious homemade fudge.
- Sawmill Run Restaurant (12976 N. Sabino Canyon Parkway), (520) 576-9147. Lunch, dinner and desserts.
- Mt. Lemmon Cookie Cabin (12781 N. Sabino Canyon Parkway), (520) 576-1010. Giant cookies (available a la mode), pizza, chili, coffee and hot cider.
- Iron Door Restaurant (10300 E. Ski Run Road), (520)-576-1400. Chili, homemade corn bread, salads and sandwiches. Located at Ski Valley, the southernmost ski destination in the United States, one mile northeast of Summerhaven. Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Mt. Lemmon Hotel (Across the street from the Sawmill Restaurant) Text 24/7 at (520) 277-2478. https://mtlemmonhotel.com/
- Mt. Lemmon Cabins (520) 576-1455
- Air BnB
- For emergency and urgent care facilities, please see Tucson for a list of services.
- Mount Lemmon Ski Valley (10300 E. Ski Run Rd.), (520) 576-1321. One mile away from Summerhaven is the southernmost ski resort in the United States. When the conditions allow, ski 21 runs in the winter or ride the ski lift for a scenic ride to the top of Mount Lemmon in the summertime.
- Santa Catalina Mountain trail system – an endless network of trails allows for all sorts of possibilities for loop and shuttle trail adventures. Check the Coronado National Forest website for details and maps.