September 24-25, 2016
Our Second Bi-Annual Steward Conference will be held at Pine Community Center on September 24-25th. We are thrilled to have the twin communities of Pine and Strawberry hosting our event this season
The Gateway Communities of Pine and Strawberry are tucked beneath the Mogollon Rim, offering a welcome respite to those from the desert lowlands. The dramatic cliffs and shady ponderosa have made these communities a haven for recreation for decades.
The Pine Trailhead is the western terminus of the 50-mile Highline National Recreation Trail. The Highline and the AZT share an alignment for 17 miles through country rich with natural and cultural heritage. Come out and enjoy one of the most active and vibrant trail communities in the state!
Saturday’s conference will be held at the Pine Community Center, on Highway 87 north of Hardscrabble Mesa Road. (Google Map).
Camping and Lodging
Free camping will be available at the Pine Trailhead. Accommodations may also be available in Pine or nearby Payson. For more information about the amenities available, visit the Pine & Strawberry Gateway Community page.
- 9 am – 11 am: Orientation and Introduction
- 11:30 am – 4 pm: Learning in Groups (lunch provided)
- 5:30 pm – 9 pm Cookout, Star Party & Entertainment (dinner, frivolity & fireside chat included)
- 7 am – 8 am: Trail Networking Breakfast
- 8 am – 12 pm: On-the-trail Training & Maintenance Event
This steward conference is taking place in Oracle State Park in southern Arizona. For maps of the Arizona Trail through this area, click on this link:
- Hardscrabble Mesa – Twin Buttes to Pine
- Highline – Pine Trailhead to the Mogollon Rim
- Pine & Strawberry Gateway Map
Register & Contact
To register or contact us for more information, email Wendy at email@example.com.