- North Kaibab Trailhead to Kaibab National Forest boundary
- 12.0 miles
Southern Trailhead: North Kaibab Trailhead
- GPS Coordinates: 36.21722° N, 112.05686° W
The parking area is on the east side of AZ 67, 41 miles south of Jacob Lake and 2.3 miles north of Grand Canyon Lodge. The trailhead is at the south end of the parking lot.
Northern Access Point: Kaibab National Forest boundary
- GPS Coordinates: 36.33775° N, 112.10248° W
From Jacob Lake, drive south on AZ 67 for 26 miles and turn left (east) onto FR 611 (4.5 miles north of the Grand Canyon National Park entrance station and 1 mile south of Kaibab Lodge). Drive 1.1 miles and turn right (east) onto FR 610. Wind south and then east 5.1 miles to a pullout on the north side of the road, near a brown AZT post.
Trail Route Description
This passage begins at the North Kaibab Trailhead on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. The trail crosses Highway 67 and heads northwest. It joins a road, passes through Harvey Meadow and then goes past the Widforss Trailhead. After continuing along the road it then leaves it to the right. The trail climbs steeply, crosses a road and then levels out and heads northwest. It turns to the north and runs through forests and meadows, and then reaches Highway 67. After crossing the highway the trail soon turns to the left and parallels the highway. The trail reaches a high point and then drops down near the highway again and follows it to the Grand Canyon National Park entrance station. From here the route is to the right along a service road for just over a mile. The trail then leaves the road to the left and runs down to the park boundary.
- Easy to Moderate
- Spring, Summer and Fall
- Current weather forecast
Water sources are scarce and unreliable on the Kaibab Plateau. Check with the Forest Service for current conditions.
- All water along this passage should be purified prior to use.
- The Arizona Trail is marked with brown fiberglass posts with a Kaibab Plateau Trail decal near the top.
- North Rim facilities are closed from mid-October to mid-May.
- USGS Topographic Maps: Bright Angel Point and Little Park Lake.
- Kaibab National Forest map.
- Grand Canyon National Park map.
- BLM Information Center maps.
For more information
- The Passage Steward
- Grand Canyon National Park, P.O. Box 129, Grand Canyon, AZ 86023 (928) 638-7888.
- Kaibab National Forest, North Kaibab Ranger District, P.O. Box 248, Fredonia, AZ 86022 (928) 643-7298.
- Kaibab Plateau Visitor Center, Jacob Lake, AZ (928) 643-7298.
- BLM Information Center (602) 417-9300.
Current Passage Info
Photos from the Arizona Trail Association’s Flickr galleries, for this specific passage. View the entire Flickr account.